LEON has a well-trained cadre of 73 Long term observers and an additional 190 surveyors across the entire country that understand survey methodology and can easily download and conduct surveys. Two training manuals have been developed on different survey methodologies – random and select sampling.
LEON has conducted six nationwide surveys since its inception namely:
1. Survey on issues affecting election reform,
2. Survey on amplifying the voices of youths,
3. Survey on violence against women in elections and politics (VAWIEP)
4. Survey to assess and inform the government’s public messaging related to COVID-19
5. Voter registration update survey
6. Constitutional referendum survey
With the onset of COVID-19, LEON was invited by the National Public Health Institute of Liberia (NPHIL) to conduct a nationwide survey to assess and inform the government’s public messaging related to COVID-19. The COVID-19 survey will be conducted in April 2020.